• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

fertilizer Fertilizers

Well I got everything I planned on getting this weekend. I got my bucket put together and water sitting out for making compost tea. I will be getting compost this weekend to make it. I also got a 2 gallon sprayer with a wand which works very nicely and makes work easy on my back. I used it for applying epsom salt to all the tomato and pepper plants we have. The one question I had was, how often should I apply the epsom? I used the proper strength recommended above but was curious on the frequency I should use it.

Thank you all again for your help.

lavish said:
Theres different dosage and application methods, i do it like this: 1tsp/quart used as a foliar fertilizer, once a week on the leaves, especially on the undersides of the leaves, starting when the buds are starting to show.

I believe that solves it!

guess I need to learn to read AND comprehend everything I read so I catch details like that the first time around.

Thanks

Ill be sure to keep ya posted. So far as far as the success of my plants are going now most of them are starting to flower but my 3 cayenne's combined have almost 40 fruits hanging from them and just one plant has about 14 or so (minus 1 green one I couldn't resist to try in some stir fry). :D

Here are the results I got from using PlantProd's Root Stimulator 10-52-10. The plant is a Bishop's Crown that sprouted on June 24, 09 and was given three treatments of the root stimulator. It was in a 4" grower pot. I just potted it up today and am switching over to PlantProds 15-15-30 Tomato Fert. As you can see it's got some pretty thick healthy looking roots.

One side

bishopscrownrootball001.jpg

Other side of root ball

bishopscrownrootball002.jpg

I'm very happy with the results and I'll be using it on all my seedlings from now on. I've got a few others on the grow right now and have been giving them all this stuff.

I may even get some peppers out of this little guy this year. I don't have much time left in the season, but I'm still hoping!

I used the same stuff and just thought that my roots where long because I waited a 2 weeks before transplanting them.

Well I have made and applied my first batch of compost tea. I do have one question considering some of the circumstances I had to deal with. I know you should spray directly on the plant for fast absorbtion. I do it directly on and to the roots also. But how long does it take for plants to absorb stuff through their leaves? I only ask because about an hour later it rained and I was thinking SH*T all that for nothing.

I use General Purpos plant food (6-10-10) for early life, and Tomato food for later on which is 9-12-12, and to Miracle Grow Bloom Booster (15-30-15) to get things really going!

I also use Epsom Salt and Dolomite Lime, Ground Eggshells for longterm calcium and powdered milk for additional calcium and food for soil bacteria.

I also use Superthrive for seedlings and cuttings.

Back