Farmers Market

I've been talking with a couple of people from the local Fair Board about having a Farmers Market there this spring/summer/early fall. They need to raise some money and I certainly will have produce to sell - mainly tomatoes, cucumbers, eggplants and - of course - hot peppers. Most of the above will not be the normal produce one finds at the local grocery. Besides the peppers, the tomatoes will be white, green (yes, when completely ripe), black, brown, zebra; and the eggplants and cucumbers will be quite large.

We would also have some "professional" farmers there, many of them offering organically grown produce and products.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Mike

Finally I'm making headway. Went to the Board Meeting tonight. I'm not a board member but do their web site, publish their yearly Premium Guide, etc.

Toward the end of the meeting, they are discussing finances and one senior member suggests that since the fair is in trouble, shouldn't they be doing something to raise money now instead of waiting until they are broke.

The President replied (I loved this) that they have been looking for ways to do this since last September. No one has suggested anything, but he would love to hear any ideas. The room fell silent, except for me: "Uh, a Farmers' Market?" You can run it from the middle of May until the end of September, maybe the end of October and make $300-400 per week.

They were impressed and want to do it.

Dammit - I suggested this LAST April and have been promoting it heavily since January of this year. All I hear is "we are going to discuss this."

Now they are "let's do this."

I wish they had said this two months, or better yet, 14 months ago.

Mike

I met with the director of the Fair and the Farmer's Market is a go. He accepted my plan with zero changes:
Open to Professional Growers, Backyard Gardeners, Resellers;
Original Hand-made arts and crafts related to gardening, cooking or home decor;
Fresh Baked goods such as pies, cakes and bread;
Lawn & Garden Centers;
Any business selling products related to gardening (including flowers), cooking or baking.

The cost will be $200 for the year (May 22-October 30) or $15 per week.

All vendors will have to be approved - this will NOT be a flea market!

If you know anyone from the Greater Cincy area, please pass this on. I'll have a web site up in a couple of days or less.

Mike

clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

I met with the director of the Fair and the Farmer's Market is a go. He accepted my plan with zero changes:
Lawn & Garden Centers;
Any business selling products related to gardening (including flowers), cooking or baking.

If you know anyone from the Greater Cincy area, please pass this on. I'll have a web site up in a couple of days or less.

Mike

wordwiz said:
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

Lawn & Garden Centers;

Mike

Congrats! :clap:

wordwiz said:
Lawn & Garden Centers;

Mike
PIE!!!... :mouthonfire:

lol, sounds great. :lol:

all the best with the market buddy..goes to prove if your passionate at something and stick with it the rewards will come..go spread the hotness to local (unsuspecting Non-chillheads) peeps.:shocked::hotsauce:

This is one reason I decided not to pinch any blooms off the few peppers that are flowering. They are not hot, per se: Chilly Chili, Marbles, Black Hungarian and Cayenne Long Thin.

But I will also have tomatoes, cucumbers, eggplants, potatoes and basil later this year.

Mike

Back