• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

fertilizer Doh! fertilizer burn

The past two days all of my plants have signs of fertilizer burn, some more so than others. Stupid me ask the wife to grab my watering bucket which is an old gallon milk jug. Instead of grabbing the one that I use for nothing but fresh water she accidently grabbed the one that is clearly marked as "Fert Only". What makes it worse, I never noticed the entire time I was watering the lil ones haha. Only noticed when I started to see some with burned tips and others with entire leaves looking pretty rough. I've never had to acutally respond to fertilizer burn and was wondering if there are any tips that I can do to help ease the burn? So far I have flushed all of them with three times the amount of water they normally recieve. Hopefully things will not keep eating up my plants.

-J

I think you are on the right track with flushing, and if they are still kickin at this point , Then they should pull thru!

Good Luck!

Kevin

Just take it real easy on them and hope the ride it out. Some make it some don't, it all depends on how burned they got and how well you flushed them. If they are in pots they are usually easier to save from what I've seen.
I got a batch of nutes last year that was royally screwed up. Really hot, and would cause the ph to drop down into the low 2 range. Manufacturer screw up it turned out according to the local shop. It cooked everything I had and slowed my whole season to a crawl. Now I only do organics, and only make my own so I can only blame myself for cooking them.

Good luck with them, I hope they pull through for you.

Just take it real easy on them and hope the ride it out. Some make it some don't, it all depends on how burned they got and how well you flushed them. If they are in pots they are usually easier to save from what I've seen.
I got a batch of nutes last year that was royally screwed up. Really hot, and would cause the ph to drop down into the low 2 range. Manufacturer screw up it turned out according to the local shop. It cooked everything I had and slowed my whole season to a crawl. Now I only do organics, and only make my own so I can only blame myself for cooking them.

Good luck with them, I hope they pull through for you.

That's an interesting story about the manufacturing error...so now you make your own. :cool:

Do you have a recipe you follow or have one you'd be willing to share...i like to take an organic approach to growing as well.

dvg

I make all my own fertilizer and calcium, Goggle Beneficial Indigenous Organisms paper by Gil A Carandang and Nature Farming by DR Cho both sites have recipes for the good stuff . if you have any questions please feel free to ask. Can help you get started if you want to do it. most people would rather buy the fertilizers and nutrients, but when you start making your own there is greater satisfaction on good tasting veggies.
theres another Canadian member that makes he stuff too Burning Colon.

Back