• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

recipe-help dill pickle recipe ?

I w am looking for a dill pickle recipe that is a no cook recipe..Something like a deli pickle or a nathans..I have tried the Claussen copycat recipe but not that great of recipe. Any help would be great. If any of you have had the whole pickles at Jungle Jims deli ,that is what I am looking for..Thanks see yall at weekend of fire !!!

This is our friend, The Rock -N- Roll Geek. The only cooking is the heating of the pickling solution. And it's simple to make. Just make sure you keep them in the fridge.

You can also try "Good Eats" from The Food Network. He's got a no-cook recipe that ferments for a while. It's all on YouTube...

There are lots of them out there - I just do refrigerator pickles and add the cukes as they ripen - just not a big fan of Dill. I've seen in Walmart a mix for Dill Pickles - Mrs. ? (something I forgot)
This is supposed to be really good...

Kosher Dill Pickles

Better Homes and Garden

Ingredients
1/2 lb 4 inch pickling cucumbers
(5 or 6 cucumbers)
4 Heads fresh dill
OR
2 tb Dillseed
1 Clove garlic
1 sm Piece dried HOT red pepper
(optional)
2 1/4 c Water
3/4 c Vinegar
1 tb Pickling salt

Preparation

Preparing: Thoroughly rinse cucumbers, remove stems and blossom ends. Pack cucumbers loosely into hot, clean quart jar(s) leaving a 1/2 inch headspace. Add dill, garlic and red pepper. Make a brine by combining water, vinegar and salt. Bring to boiling. Water Bath Canning: Slowly pour hot brine over cucumbers, leaving a 1/2 inch headspace. Wipe jar rim, adjust lid. Process in boiling water bath for 15 minutes for quarts (start timing when water boils). Let pickles stand for at least one week before opening.

I re-use the same brine over and over and over and over. I have a huge pickle jar I bought a few years ago, and just add fresh garlic, hot peppers, and quartered cucumbers from time to time.

They're great.

Back