• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

harvesting Datil harvest

Cappy,nice harvest!Mine are comming on strong.Do you butterfly your Wahoo?One of my favorite fish in the sea!Whoever said selling your boat is the second happiest day of your life is full of it!
Wahoo=good Sushi too!

Pics like that make your mouth water, I cant get over the sight of a loaded plant! Good Job! Enjoy the fruits of your labor!

Thanks so much everybody! Hey scoville I got a wahoo recipe for you half and half orange juice, soy sauce and a pinch of sugar marinate 20 min. and grill. Of course add Datil chili in the mix but wow the oriental citris and the smokey flavor of the wahoo is perfect together. I also eat wahoo sushi style. :drooling:

Ah, man, Datils are at the top of my list of hot peppers! I also have a second year plant. I have pods here in Maryland but they aren't ripe yet. I anticipate some ripe pods soon, and possibly even this week. I adapted the pepper relish recipe just a little and came up with a really great sauce. I'll definitely be making it again this year.

Here's my old post with the recipe, which is an adaptation of NatGreenMed's and kato's recipes:

http://www.thehotpepper.com/showpost.php?p=100776&postcount=59

Beautiful pods Cappy!

Ya know whuts good?

Datil Mustard.

Had some the other day onna hotdog and was yummmmmy! :)

What a dummy I am. Tried to post pics of some Trinny Scorps into the thread AJ started and goofed it up. So I used my back button, posted them again and then saw I'd posted them into the Datil thread I had been looking at earlier.....

Ok, they're in the Trinidad thread now....uh duh......

cid_04a501c9b30f08ba05a09C294EE6jer.gif

Steve973 said:
Ah, man, Datils are at the top of my list of hot peppers! I also have a second year plant. I have pods here in Maryland but they aren't ripe yet. I anticipate some ripe pods soon, and possibly even this week. I adapted the pepper relish recipe just a little and came up with a really great sauce. I'll definitely be making it again this year.

Here's my old post with the recipe, which is an adaptation of NatGreenMed's and kato's recipes:

http://www.thehotpepper.com/showpost.php?p=100776&postcount=59

Way off topic here, but I just have to say that the recipe you provided is the best stuff I've made. I used about 12 Harold's St. Bart peppers, 2 Yellow Rocotos, and 2 datils and this stuff is fantastic. Thank you so much!

I am glad that you enjoyed the recipe, although I cannot take too much credit for it. I really think that most of the credit should go to the datil peppers that you put into the sauce - they are awesome!

Back