• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

recipe-help Chipotloe and pear sausages recipes please anyone or ideas

Hello yall am lookin for ideas for possibly chipotle and pear sausages to get my butcher to make and hopefully i will sell them..haha also i think naga and lime.....:mouthonfire:

POTAWIE should answer this, but I would suggest you cook the pears first. If you make sausages with raw pears in the mix, when you cook them you could have issues with water, and pears shrinking down and leaving space. If they are already cooked you will have a better packed sausage. The flavor combo sounds decent. Good luck.

Actually dried pears would be better than cooked but not potato chip dry. Were it me, I'd do apricot before pears. Fruit snausage sounds good.

thanks

thehotpepper.com said:
POTAWIE should answer this, but I would suggest you cook the pears first. If you make sausages with raw pears in the mix, when you cook them you could have issues with water, and pears shrinking down and leaving space. If they are already cooked you will have a better packed sausage. The flavor combo sounds decent. Good luck.
i will cook the pears first in red wine for about 20 mins.. thanks
:hell:

yum

thehotpepper.com said:

texas blues said:
Actually dried pears would be better than cooked but not potato chip dry. Were it me, I'd do apricot before pears. Fruit snausage sounds good.

apricot sounds great i love nosauges especially real ones. so will let you know!!:onfire:

Chipotle& Pear sausages

Thanks guy's for your help it is finally happening......:onfire:
I sold a sausage maker two kilo's of chipotle crush and 1 kilo of Naga bin crush.. woop woop
I suggested that he makes a Naga and lime sausage for extreme heat sausage and also a chipotle and pear sausage.. He has only gone and done it.:) He has made them this week and i am awaiting the samples to arrive on friday by courier.
He is a brave butcher makin naga sausages and hopefully they are a success for him.
His sausages are very tasty and they are real sausages not like mass produced ones( well he does make three tons a week) !!
Will let you all know the outcome!!! Oh i am sacred..:mouthonfire:

Back