vendor CCN

Cross Country Nurseries, aka chileplants.com.

Bought from them several times.

One order of live plants, got something other than what I ordered.

Sent a couple emails, but no response.

Not a happy camper.

When you placed your order, you had to tell them your preferences if a particular plant or plants were not available at shipping time; that's a standard part of the ordering process. They specify a default if you make no selection. Log back in and see the details of your order. It should tell you if they had to make a substitute or not. If there is no substitution listed, give them a little time - their website says they're only in the office until early June, so you're contacting them during an off time. I've ordered from chileplants.com for many years now, and they are very reliable. They do everything they can to correct any problems that occur, though substitution is not considered a problem since they informed you up front that this could occur.

OK, but they made no substitute, at least they did not inform me they made a substitute.

The order shows they shipped what i ordered, but once the plant made pods, it became clear that it was not the pepper I ordered.

It clearly states on their website to contact them by email. What kind of company does not routinely check emails?

I also, have ordered from CCN several times. Good quality, no doubt, but I did not get what i ordered. I only want them to reply

EDIT: Did as you suggested; logged in, checked order, no mention of any substitute.

They are probably taking a break/vacation -- figure they stop shipping live plants mid June so all orders for the year have already been shipped and as geeme mentioned they do have you fill out what to do if they are out of a specific plant to fill your order so may have made a substitution if that is what you listed on the order placed ( they give you the choices quoted below :  )

Let's Talk Substitutes...
We rarely have to make substitutes, but it does happen.
Please understand how incredibly tricky it is to have all the varieties available all the time.
We do our very best, however plants are living beings that do not always grow expected, scheduled nor anticipated. Backordered seed, poor/slow germination and various growing issues, especially unpredictable and unseasonable weather,
may make some items unavailable.
If we have the variety you request, we will gladly send it to you! But if we don't, we need to either:
  • Substitute with Similar Variety,
  • Double Up on other varieties in the order,
  • Substitute from Substitute List, where you list alternatives
  • Cancel Order - to choose this option, select Substitute List and write "cancel order". Entire order will be canceled and monies returned. No cancel order fee for orders canceled due to unavailability.

SO depending on what you listed they may have made the substitution based on what they had left in stock since it was very late in the season and you probably barely made the ordering deadline. I'm pretty sure they will take care of you somehow when they return ( they are a small  owner operated company with few workers so probably completely shut down for a couple weeks after the shipping season closes which would explain the no response to e-mail if noone is working.  )

EDIT : just saw your post and if they did not make a sub then probably just a mistake somehow -- As mentioned they just finished the shipping season for live plants and sales at the nursery location so are probably closed for a couple weeks - give them some time and they will probably answer the e-mails when they return.

alkhall said:
OK, but I would not consider March 26 'late in the season'.

True - but you did not mention that in your original post -- only said you did not get what you ordered and also did not say it was only when they podded up that you discovered the problem. Since you just posted today figured you had just recently received the order and found it did not have what you ordered !! Can only respond to the facts given -- not a mind reader. :cheers:

Back