• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

harvesting carolina reaper and butch t fruit harvest

I was wondering how many peppers you get each season from a mature carolina reaper and a mature butch t. Thank you

My 1 butch t was an overwinter and is now 2 yrs old. I got maybe 50 or so. My non overwinter 1st year butch t's ( have 2) were maybe 30 or so

All 5 of my carolina reapers didn't set fruit until super late this summer so only have harvested around 20 with maybe a dozen more green on the plant. 2 of the 5 reapers didn't set much fruit at all and all the pods were very small. maybe got a dozen pods from those 2 and might be 6 more green on the plant.

All depends on conditions like weather, ferts, and such

One of my favorite plants I ever grew was a ButchT.  As Scorched said, the amount of pods any plant will produce depends on several factors, including genetics(phenotype), age of the plant, and growing conditions.  However, I can say that when the ButchT is healthy and happy it is one of the best producers I have come across.  And its a beautiful, hardy plant as well.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:705]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:1386]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:706]
ButchT8.JPG
ButchT4.JPG
ButchT3.JPG
ButchT1.JPG
ButchT7.JPG

Back