misc Canning Supplies

I searched a bit here and Google, but where do you buy your canning supplies? Where's the cheapest? Where's the best? Where's the most unique?

Links would be helpful. It seems we could use them. :onfire:

Yup...seasonal item at walmart and they started clearing the shelves of their canning stuff in October...heck, canning season is just getting started good down south...

Albertsons (chain grocery store) has a pretty good selection of canning jars, lids, bands, and a few other canning items....

I had been getting all my things at Wegman's. Theey have all sizes of jars and bands and lids, various pectin styles, wax, etc.

I was hoping perhaps someone might know a cost effective way of getting some of the stuff made by Bernardin up in Canada. You can get it on Amazon, but the shipping only pays off if you buy a ton of stuff. I was going to buy holiday lids/bands, but on my $10 order it was double the cost. It's a shame, they have nice products.

fineexampl said:
I had been getting all my things at Wegman's. Theey have all sizes of jars and bands and lids, various pectin styles, wax, etc.

I was hoping perhaps someone might know a cost effective way of getting some of the stuff made by Bernardin up in Canada. You can get it on Amazon, but the shipping only pays off if you buy a ton of stuff. I was going to buy holiday lids/bands, but on my $10 order it was double the cost. It's a shame, they have nice products.

You could always take a vacay to the Falls and then cross the bridge and fill the trunk up there.

Back