• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

nutrients buy nute online and what?

Hi, is there some online site to buy nutrient and what do i need in the different stage of growing chili?

See if you can find fertilizers on Amazon.com. I'm not sure if what you get in Norway when you do a search is the same thing I get, or if there are international shipping restrictions, though. You might just want to check with your local hardware and garden stores to see what they have available. Hydroponics stores are a good place to check, too.

When my plants are young (but not until after the cotyledons fall off) I give them a 4-12-4 fertilizer mix, as that helps stimulate root growth. I then switch to an 8-4-4 food with other stuff in it for stem and leaf development. Once the flowering begins, I switch to CalMag, as chile plants need calcium and magnesium to help prevent blossom end rot (BER). Although I use CalMag, you can use any fertilizer made for tomatoes, as tomatoes and chiles are closely related and have about the same feed needs. Note that I grow in pots, and the potting soil I use comes with some fertilizer already mixed in.

What you need for your plants depends upon your growing medium. If the pH is too high or too low, you will want to use fertilizers that help balance out the pH levels. If you're growing hydroponically, that's another whole game. Check with your local agricultural extension of a university and see if they can either tell you about the conditions of the local soil for chile growing, or if they can help you get a soil analysis done.  

The one i got for tomato have this content

NPK 14-4-21
Mg 2%
S 4,1%
B 0,027%
Cu 0,004%
Cu EDTA 0,0028%
Mn 0,06%
Mn EDTA 0,042%
Fe 0,2%
Mo 0,04%
Zn 0,027%
Zn 0,019%

I also have one that is like this and that also for tomato, thats some organic stick (http://www.nelson.no/nor/nok/p/gjdsel_630/giva-biobact-nringspinner-tomat-16pk_6844)
NPK 9-5-12
Organic 23%
Ca 2%
S 4,5%

I did use some soil for catus but i think that was to strong for some of my plants, it did have poultry/chicken manure in it, i now have used some very low nutrient soil and added only some bone meal at the bottom to see if thats help. But some of the plants are starting to flower so they need some nutrient?

Yes they need nutrients, either of those will work good, start now.
If your soil has low nutrients maybe going the one with more micro nutrients is better? (like i said both will work)

pwb said:

Yes, those both work, and like okgrowin said, start now. Only question is with how much, which depends upon the maturity of your plants. Pictures would help. In general, if your plants are still fairly young, you don't want to go full-strength at first. Also, if you're going to use both at the same time, use half of each. 

Back