• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

grilling Brisket now on the grill (suggestions)

Well it looks like its cooking well. Been cooking now for 2hrs 15min. The temp at the top guage on the grill was reading 275 and at rack lavel it was reading 240. So I've cracked the lid some to let some of the heat out.

The temp probe is reading 138F so still have a ways to go till I'm ready to wrap it in foil.

It came out Great! I mean what a huge difference between this time and the 1st time. I didn't need a chainsaw this time. LOL I figured out if I took a piece of cement board and cracked the grill lid open, I could keep the temp around 275 maybe 300 at the top but on the main rack it would stay around 250.
Cooked it from 10am to about 430pm (at which point the meat therm read 193F), I took it off the grill mopped it real good with juice from the pan and wrapped in a couple layers of foil, then through it in the oven on only warm till 6:30.

I'm gonna try one of pork roast/shoulder things you guys been talking about next. :-)

Back