• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

health Bright spots on leaves

spotssq7.jpg

As you can see in the picture above, I found bright spots on the leaves of two plants.
Two different plants, from two different sources.

What do you guys (and gals) think?

I think its probably a mineral deficiency. maybe the start of a magnesium deficiency do a google on various deficiencies in peppers and tomatoes I bet something will pop up that looks similiar, maybe could be an overdose too lol god bless google lol

These are actually some of the plants I grow without any fertilizer.
I love experimenting, but that might have messed with the plants.
I'll take those two out of the group and use some fertilizer, I'll check on them to see if there's any difference.

Thanks guys.

Omri said:
These are actually some of the plants I grow without any fertilizer.
I love experimenting, but that might have messed with the plants.
I'll take those two out of the group and use some fertilizer, I'll check on them to see if there's any difference.

Thanks guys.

Let us pray it is NOT a virus...

This is Pams gig she'll have a better idea of it but I wouldn't be too worried about it some of my best producing plants go through periods were they look very patchy they always comeback once the probem is corrected, you get it alot in hydro set ups or at least I have (as I get a little slack with testing reserviour nuits)

Hmmmm....that didn't come out well....LOL!!!!

Go to Lifewire and pick whichever is the newest edition, and go to the chapter on Plant nutrition.

Hope this helps.

These have never been outside, have they, Omri? Do you spray or mist the leaves at all?

Otherwise I would agree with the nutritional deficiency diagnosis. Most of the mottling is toward the edge of the leaf and the leaf tips so I would lean toward a magnesium or potassium deficiency.

It's freezing here, so yep... they were born in "captivity".
I sprayed water when they just sprouted, but I like to water the roots only.

Thanks Pam, you're a (chile) lifesaver. :)

I tend to agree with some sort of mineral deficiency because you say you grew these w/o fertilizer, but to be safe I would suggest isolating the peppers from the rest of your plants, just in case its something else (like a disease)....here's an article about bacterial leaf spot on peppers...needless to say, if your peppers start looking like they have this disease, destroy them immediately.

http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/3000/3123.html

Back