Bloody Mary and Other Drink Mixes

AlabamaJack

Extreme Member
I love my weekend morning bloody marys. Sometimes I use vodka and sometimes I don’t. Even if I do, I use about half a shot…anyway…the mix I start with is Mr. & Mrs. T’s Bold & Spicy…I have tried many a mix but this is the best for the taste I am looking for.

The ingredients listed on the package in order are:
Water
Tomato Concentrate
High Fructose Corn Syrup
Vinegar
Salt
Citric Acid
Jalapeno Pepper Puree
Spices
Ascorbic Acid (to protect flavor)
Onion Powder
Celery Seed
Garlic Powder
Sugar
Malic Acid
Caramel Color
Molasses
Natural Flavors

With all the tomatoes, peppers, herbs, onion, etc. I am growing this year I want to try and make my own bloody mary mix…has anyone else tried to make it from scratch?

I was thinking about using the above ingredients with the following change…no quantities determined yet.

Fresh Tomato Puree/Juice
Vinegar
Salt
Jalapeno Pepper Puree (Mixed with other peppers for heat. I know Nagas will be used)
Spices (wonder what spices they are talking about here?)
Onion Powder
Celery Seed
Garlic Powder
Sugar

What do you think?....would this be a good starting point for a home made mix?

tbh I have never seen nor tried any Bloody mary Mix although it's one of my fave drinks. Probably not on sale here.... Anyway, what exactly is that, a perked up tomato juice to mix with vodka?!? Just curious....

When I have a BM I am using tomato juice, sea salt, black and white pepper or some hot sauce (not too hot and not too much), some Worcerstershire Sauce, lime or lemon juice and that's it.

Didn't have one in weeks... hmmmmm........
;)

There are more brands of bloody mary mix here in the states than I can count....

The ingredients you use are good...all I am wanting to do is "pre-mix" it and have it ready in bottles when I want a "quick-fix"

I use V8 juice as a base, myself.

However, after tasting Danny Cash's new Bloody Mary mixes, I may never make my own again.

I like REDEYE BM mixes. The 'Habanero" is my fave. I want to try their horsradish one too.

Of course, that's just used as the base...

i've never had a BM (no, i've had plenty of other BMs :lol: ), but not too long ago, we received a bunch of different kinds of beers produced by AB from a representative. there are some we haven't tried yet..kinda scared honestly. they are the bud (and bud light) with clamato juice. i'm sure you all know what that it. since i had never heard of it..maybe some of you haven't, so it's clam and tomato juice. :shocked: the guy said it would be good in bloody marys.

as for my favorite mixed drinks..there is only one i rarely make. irish car bombs. i guess i've made some black and tans before.

i used to mix up simple rum/bourbon and coke, now i just drink scotch or bourbon straight. not really much of a mixed drink drinker.

Marks snakebite sauce tastes nice with tomato juice and Worcestershire added as well, you have to shake it really well though as the sauce is quite thick.

I forgot the Habby Horse DCC...I use either DefCon1 or Habby Horse in most of the Marys I make now...

If I "cook" the mixture, will the habby horse break down and lose its "potency"?

"If I "cook" the mixture, will the habby horse break down and lose its "potency"?"

It will probably lose a lot, if not all of the horseradish 'zing', as horseradish oil will quickly evaporate. The habanero kick will remain.

Then I can just add the HH to it when I mix a drink...like I do now..

The HH will just not be in the "ready-mix"...

Does a Nice Job with BM's or Bloody Brews.

SnapETom2-1.jpg

Back