overwintering Best "small/bushy' plants to keep indoors in the cold of winter

sreinhard88 said:
Ah, yea it appears I missed that post lol! Whoops!  Do you already have a setup in mind?

nothing set in stone yet, but was thinking a dual t5 24-48" depending on what's available around here. I'm not wanting a huge grow op. Just something to keep 3-4 "full size" plant happy and producing.

Buzz said:

That actually makes me concerned... My jalapeno is over 5 feet tall. My fataliis are still growing

And yes... white habs are small and bushy... perfect for indoor grow
whats the flavor profile of a white hab compared to the typical orange hab ?

About the same flavor, just not as pronounced as the typical orange hab. And the white hab produces so much, you'll actually get tired of picking them, even off of one plant

Buzz said:
That actually makes me concerned... My jalapeno is over 5 feet tall. 

Like I said, some varieties of jalapeno dwarf the purple jalapeno. Admittedly, I didn't make that 100% clear. Still, I have never seen a jalapeno plant over 5 feet tall. But then, jalapenos are so easy to come by, they're last on my list of plants to overwinter. How long have you had that and what variety?

geeme said:

Like I said, some varieties of jalapeno dwarf the purple jalapeno. Admittedly, I didn't make that 100% clear. Still, I have never seen a jalapeno plant over 5 feet tall. But then, jalapenos are so easy to come by, they're last on my list of plants to overwinter. How long have you had that and what variety?

For the sake of honesty and clarity, the ones I have are hybrids (Big Guy Hybrid from Burpee). So, it very well could be abnormal for jalapenos.

Another vote for the Cumari do Para.  These are in 3" pots and sit on my patio furniture under and umbrella.  I also have a couple full size that are in large 5 gallon terra cotta and like everyone said are very compact and bushy plants.  This is the only variety that I have grow a plant in such a small size  container all the way to fruit set without any pruning.

My ButchT in it's third year.

In a 12 inch clay pot with Ocean Forest as the medium.

100_0752.jpg

100_0753.jpg

Black pearl... is my recco unless flavor is important then like a hab if you want taste. Chocolat hab is fantastic flavor wise.

Back