• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

harvesting Beginning of my harvest

This is what I picked tonight, with more to come in the next few weeks.

Top left is Serrano, Right is Purira, and bottom are Thai Dragons. Some of the Thai's I picked 3 days ago and have been drying.
9905144356d5__1278694978000.jpeg

I only have one Serrano plant, but that will be changing for next year. I still have a bunch of Green Serrano's left on the plant that should be ripe in 1-2 weeks.

The Thai Dragon will not be a keeper. It just isn't hot to me and is pretty boring taste wise. It just isn't worth the effort.

I've been picking Purira's for about the last month or so. They are very inconsistent between my 4 plants. I've got one that has a really sweet taste with a slight warming heat. It's great of r picking and eating fresh. Another one is Really hot in the Thai kind of way, but hotter. Not a ton of Flavor, but an all over kind of burn. The other 2 are around the heat of Jalapeno's and are slightly sweet. I like them best so far for cooking. None of these Peppers came from those plants though. These are from the Really hot and Really sweet plants.

I've got a whole bunch of Orange Habs about 2-3 weeks out, a few Bells that are actually going to probably make it in the next week, and lots of Thai Suns and Dragons for a while to come.
I also get one lonely Yellow 7 for a summer harvest if it makes it a little longer. I've got eight Yellow 7 plants, that all took a while to bloom and when they did the temps were already way to high and all but one pod dropped. I'm hoping for a late fall harvest though once some flowers can actually survive. Same goes for my Bhut's and Bonda Ma Jaques... Pod drop from heat.

The biggest disappointment so far though is with my Aji Lemon's. They are covered in pods that are still green but every day that I come home there are a few on the ground. I assume fallen from the heat. I hope at least a few make it so I can taste them.

This is what I picked tonight, with more to come in the next few weeks.

Top left is Serrano, Right is Purira, and bottom are Thai Dragons. Some of the Thai's I picked 3 days ago and have been drying.
9905144356d5__1278694978000.jpeg

I only have one Serrano plant, but that will be changing for next year. I still have a bunch of Green Serrano's left on the plant that should be ripe in 1-2 weeks.

The Thai Dragon will not be a keeper. It just isn't hot to me and is pretty boring taste wise. It just isn't worth the effort.

I've been picking Purira's for about the last month or so. They are very inconsistent between my 4 plants. I've got one that has a really sweet taste with a slight warming heat. It's great of r picking and eating fresh. Another one is Really hot in the Thai kind of way, but hotter. Not a ton of Flavor, but an all over kind of burn. The other 2 are around the heat of Jalapeno's and are slightly sweet. I like them best so far for cooking. None of these Peppers came from those plants though. These are from the Really hot and Really sweet plants.

I've got a whole bunch of Orange Habs about 2-3 weeks out, a few Bells that are actually going to probably make it in the next week, and lots of Thai Suns and Dragons for a while to come.
I also get one lonely Yellow 7 for a summer harvest if it makes it a little longer. I've got eight Yellow 7 plants, that all took a while to bloom and when they did the temps were already way to high and all but one pod dropped. I'm hoping for a late fall harvest though once some flowers can actually survive. Same goes for my Bhut's and Bonda Ma Jaques... Pod drop from heat.

The biggest disappointment so far though is with my Aji Lemon's. They are covered in pods that are still green but every day that I come home there are a few on the ground. I assume fallen from the heat. I hope at least a few make it so I can taste them.

I'll second that. Here they usually have some heat but lack any real flavor.
Nice looking harvest.

Back