• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Chopped Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eephus, put a name to it, and follow the other rules, and enter that sucker.

EEPHUS! You can do this!

Post a picture with the proof of life ( $.05) give it a title and add some text to describe your ingredients and cooking!

Cornish Hen Pad Thai for the win!

Presenting: LunchBox's POW-PAO-PEANUT PULLET

The batter consisted of pulverized dried red peppers, garlic, habanero, peanuts...that got mixed into a bowl with egg, milk, corn starch, flour, salt, mixed pepper corn grind, soy sauce, a little peanut sauce, sesame oil, melted butter and peanut butter.

jan2011td1.jpg

Flash-fry the garlic and peanuts for a couple of minutes in seasoned wok oil, hot sesame oil, and peanut oil mix...then toss in chard, onion, mushroom mix...a little more sesame oil, and soy sauce.

jan2011td2.jpg

After cooking the rice noodles, stir fry them with the mixture above in melted butter, seasoned wok oil, and peanut oil.

jan2011td3.jpg

Dip the hen-nuggets (like that didn't take forever) in the batter, and fry away...sprinkling pulverized sesame-melba on as it's frying.

jan2011td4.jpg

And the finished product, with a little peanut sauce, and green onions.

jan2011tdplating.jpg

EM, Mike maybe I missed something (which is probable) but that looks like a qualifing presentation to me and quite edible

Holy Mackrel LB, that looks fantastic. Bet there's some votes coming your way, probably mine and way to come in under the wire.

Dip the hen-nuggets (like that didn't take forever) in the batter, and fry away...sprinkling pulverized sesame-melba on as it's frying.
Boooooooo what a waste of the melba. Got lost in the cooking oil.

Boooooooo what a waste of the melba. Got lost in the cooking oil.

Nope...I was very careful to sprinkle on top and let it soak in before turning. :)

minus 2 points for serving asian food on a texas plate

Uhhmmm...fried peanut chicken is an American dish, with Asian spices.

I was actually shocked at how well the chard came out...honestly, I may never buy bok choy again...the chard wasn't near as stringy or bitter.

My wife thinks I burned away all my heat receptors...I got nothing (heat-wise) from this dish.

Eephus, you are a man of mystery. Your entry is not eligible until you tell us WHAT THE HELL IT IS, and the other requirements :lol:

Please read post 1. ;)

...well, I'm out.
Just got back home and definatly not enough time to do much ---except drool over the posted pics. :woohoo:

Great work guys and gals!

I agree with Coach, I am looking at my baked potato & tuna for lunch and want to lick my monitor instead.

minus 2 points for serving asian food on a texas plate

Plates, Shmates, if it's good who give a rat's whether in on a plate or just eat it out of the pan.

And here's to you Weebz and LB for diving in at the last minute. I wossed out what can I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back