• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Anyone familiar with friars hat

the people at nagaseeds on ebay have agreed to try and ship me seeds to replace my confiscated plant and are also going to include some friars hat seeds not sure what they are, I think baccatum's. not much info online

I grow them every year. They are a neat looking pepper, and a huge plant. Most of the time I cut them up and use them in fresh salsa, the wing part of them is sweet and crisp, and the rest is mildly hot. I like them also to just pick off the plant and eat fresh.

Hi Naganero,

I grew them last year. Its more common name here in the UK is Balloon although Ive also seen it called Pimenta Cambuci, Campane, Peri Peri, Ubatuba Cambuci, Aji Flor, Orchid and Bishops Hat!!!!!!!!!

http://www.thechileman.org/results.php?chile=1&find=balloon&heat=Any&origin=Any&genus=Any

I also agree with Dave - you will need a fair bit of space to grow these as the plants can get huge. They are some of the most weird looking pods I have ever seen. Worth growing even if for the novelty value.

Mark

Thank you I had no idea they were also called balloon,huh,.interesting If I can find space I will grow them. Thanks again for the info.

Back