• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

fertilizer Any reason to use this fertilizer?

eh. try using as directed. you can add additional calcium and nitrogen if/when you need too.

i wouldnt waste too much time with ferts like these though. if you can work with them, cool, if not, so what.

its probably all ammonium and urea like alot of these cheap fertilizers.

One of the amazon reviews: "I have used BR-61 for year. Really great fertilizer for flowers also use it on my tomatoes.I recommend you give it a try. -Linda46"

Might be okay...

Thanks guys.  I might give it a try.  I bought it because of the reviews and the claim about flowering plants.  I figured peppers are flowering plants, so it should work great right?.... maybe not so much.

Otherwise I might just buy the General Hydroponics Floragro.  I just wish they sold it in lesser quantities for lower price since I probably wont be doing a whole lot of fertilizing.  

dan5505 said:
Thanks guys.  I might give it a try.  I bought it because of the reviews and the claim about flowering plants.  I figured peppers are flowering plants, so it should work great right?.... maybe not so much.

Otherwise I might just buy the General Hydroponics Floragro.  I just wish they sold it in lesser quantities for lower price since I probably wont be doing a whole lot of fertilizing.  

it will probably work just fine.. you just have to keep in mind that peppers and chilies need reletevly little phosphate... less than 100ppm or mg/l typically.

this fertilizer provides 0 calcium, 0 sulfate, and 0 magnesium, 0 nitrate.

keep that in mind.

howardsnm1 said:

i prefer this stuff 
Neptune's Harvest FS118 2-3-1 Organic Fish and Seaweed Fertilizer

This looks good.  Not a huge container and not a huge price tag.  Thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/Neptunes-Harvest-FS118-Fertilizer-18-Ounce/dp/B009HLVIY0
queequeg152 said:

it will probably work just fine.. you just have to keep in mind that peppers and chilies need reletevly little phosphate... less than 100ppm or mg/l typically.

this fertilizer provides 0 calcium, 0 sulfate, and 0 magnesium, 0 nitrate.

keep that in mind.
Good to know, thanks.

If you've already got it laying around, go ahead and use it in moderation.  It seems that phosphorus toxicity is possible, but not very easy to achieve.

With that much P, I assume it's composed of dry chemical granules?  If you're gonna go that route, some plain-Jane MG tomato/veggie ferts would probably be a better match.

As mentioned, keep in mind the the complete lack of Ca, Mg, and S. Depending on your soil, you might wind up _needing_ another product before long.

Back