• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

fertilizer A monthly fertilize schedule?

Hello. Quick question. I haven't added any fertilizer in 21 days since I planted and should I fertilize every month or 2 weeks. When I planted I added alfalfa pellets, 2-2-2 daddy Pete's and hay on top. Should I go ahead in 9 days to add epson salt,2-2-2 fertilizer? Not doing fish emulsion or fish based fertilizers because of neighbors cat.

Codeman said:
Hello. Quick question. I haven't added any fertilizer in 21 days since I planted and should I fertilize every month or 2 weeks. When I planted I added alfalfa pellets, 2-2-2 daddy Pete's and hay on top. Should I go ahead in 9 days to add epson salt,2-2-2 fertilizer? Not doing fish emulsion or fish based fertilizers because of neighbors cat.

ZkViVZp.gif

I use a fertigation system with driplines. I fertilize every two weeks with the normal ratio. In between I have it set to low. I use standard miracle grow for the first 2ish months, then switch it up to bloom for a month, then fruiting. I also supplement in calcium and Epsom salt.

Hawkins said:
I use a fertigation system with driplines. I fertilize every two weeks with the normal ratio. In between I have it set to low. I use standard miracle grow for the first 2ish months, then switch it up to bloom for a month, then fruiting. I also supplement in calcium and Epsom salt.
What type of calcium do you use?

Hawkins said:
Whatever liquid is cheap on Amazon. Or Cal Mag to get them both.
My potting mix has half cup of gypsum so they're good on calcium. I think I'll give them alfalfa tea when it's 30 days with Epsom salt. Do you think it would be overkill if I add the 2-2-2 daddy Pete's as well?

Codeman said:
My potting mix has half cup of gypsum so they're good on calcium. I think I'll give them alfalfa tea when it's 30 days with Epsom salt. Do you think it would be overkill if I add the 2-2-2 daddy Pete's as well?
2-2-2 is no where near overkill for anything.

Hawkins said:
2-2-2 is no where near overkill for anything.
So Its fine to give them epsoma plant tone once a month and then every two weeks I can give them a diluted tea until they flower?

Back