• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

soil A few Q's on magnesium, calcium, soil acidity, etc...

FadeToBlack said:
Thats what I have

That's exactly the one I have too... expect mine isn't even fancy enough to have a brand on the front. hahaha

I'm wondering if maybe the two prongs are for different things (one for the pH and one for the moisture).

I think the light meter on mine is stuffed... it doesn't do anything unless I put it right up against the light. But the moisture meter is pretty damn good. Don't know about the pH meter though...

i have emailed the luster leaf company regards my rapidtest 4 in 1 soil tester but did not get any response from them!

Well last week I trusted its mositure function and just about killed my plants lol.
I tested the soil with my fingers and it felt pretty loose and dry, so I decided to test with the moisture meter which went all the way to wet.
When i checked my plants later in the afternonn they were wilted pretty bad, I had to put some water on them stat.
They seemed to recover some 3-4 hours later.

Anyone have any recomentdation on a meter that is more accurate.
Would also be interested in a meter that detects nutrient levels
in the soil if such a thing exists.

Guess what the rapidtest 4in1 has a npk level meter too. it always show that my soil has poor npk level but my plants are suffering of fertilizer burns!!!

i guess the good ones are really expensive!
Read somewhere , the commercial farmers use lab test to find out the soil condition.

FadeToBlack said:
Well last week I trusted its mositure function and just about killed my plants lol.
I tested the soil with my fingers and it felt pretty loose and dry, so I decided to test with the moisture meter which went all the way to wet.
When i checked my plants later in the afternonn they were wilted pretty bad, I had to put some water on them stat.
They seemed to recover some 3-4 hours later.

I'm sure the moisture function is the only thing that works on mine haha. It was the main reason I bought it (didn't realize I had to know about pH at the time and they didn't have a separate moisture meter) and I thoroughly tested it when I got it. Of course, considering it is a cheap ass meter, probably means that it will crap itself eventually. Probably something I should keep an eye on...

As for the pH meter, I tested it now too and it doesn't do anything... not even when I stick it in a soil sample drenched in straight vinegar.

*sigh* Little money, little music.........

Back