• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

New Hottest Pepper in the World?

Mystere said:
Flavor should be king. Heat should be secondary.

This thread is about the hottest. Tastiest would be a different one.

Just saying that people focus a lot on just heat. When I first got a chance to eat a Carolina Reaper, I was nervous about being disgusted with the taste rather than overwhelmed by heat. I was pleasantly surprised.

When I first bought habaneros because I wanted hotter than jalapeños, I was repulsed by the orange ones. Heat is great, but it seems people don't emphasize flavor much in comparison.

They are focused on it because that's what this thread is about! If you want to talk flavor start your own please. Both have their merits no need to derail.

I don't mean on the forum. I mean in general. I definitely love crazy heat but I wanna enjoy the taste more.

I've known of people to say Chocolate Bhutlah is hotter than Reaper but they prefer the taste of the Reaper. I wanna try it for myself and see what I think.

So why are people freaking about this Dragon's Breath pepper if Death Strain is supposed to be 3 million SHU? Is one more stable than the other?

I'm curious to know how stable those SHU numbers are for the variety. Because while reapers are supposed to be the hottest, the year I grew both Douglah and Reapers, the Douglah was perceivably hotter than the reaper. I'm pretty sure my seeds were fairly stable. I wonder, how many times someone has had a 3million SHU pepper and didn't realize it, it's not like you can tell the difference once the numbers get that high. 

Back