• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in Startup Help.

flavor Flavor & Heat

Looking for some input, I'm attempting to make a wing sauce with an excessive amount of heat that still tastes good.  I cook wings at our American Legion and I always have people looking for hotter sauce. I've been able to reach an extreme level of that I'm looking for with a mixture of fresh Habeneros, Jalapenos, Serranos and dried Ghost Chilies and Carolina Reapers, however very hot the flavor just isn't there based on the feedback I've received.  I'm looking for a basic hot sauce flavor so I don't want to add fruits for sweetness.  I need some advice on how to get a good hot sauce flavor without sacrificing heat.  It could be I just need to increase the onion, garlic and butter level but I'm just not sure, any help would be greatly appreciated 

Years ago I was in Helen GA stop at a winery restaurant deal and had the best ghost wings ever. This triggered a growing super hots fool . Never to duplicate the wings I had that day but I damn sure making some hot hot sauce ghost sauce. When I went back to talk to chef it was a dry mix that get rehydrated while cooking in the wings

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

You may want to increase vinegar and garlic powder, as Buffalo wing flavor is sharp & tangy and the staple hot sauce has garlic. You can add vinegar and cook the water content out so it is not too thin.

Back