• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in Startup Help.

heat True "test" of a sauce- in terms of heat v flavour- U?????

7123386865_494c4ee1dc_b.jpg
7105598249_05126b9f1e_b.jpg
6891742642_a30d8aa1dd_b.jpg
6845860204_ac299447f0_b.jpg
Skobyian, Turkey slap are the limit of what I'm prepared to go to. After that, I see no point. The Nagasav is pretty where I want to be. I could go hotter, these sauces are OK heat-wise, they don't decapitate me by any any means, but I want the limits of the combo. I think the true test is a combo (heat-flavour) cheese sandwich. Cover the cheese and onion with sauce, a few drops, 3 or 4. If it's unpalatable, the cheese and onion is not distinguishable, then there's no point. Just me. I think onion is a good test, if it overpowers that, no thanks.

Usually if I get a new sauce that I don't think might kill me, I will put a drop on a tortilla chip. As I mentioned in another thread, I do have some 'heat' sauces that I use for spicing up chili, and making my friends cry... but I don't use them for their flavor. I am at the point where I will most likely not buy any more 'extract' sauces. Just not my cup of tea...

Back