• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Mornin, 58>65 and rain again. But that nice slow soaker. Night temps are going to be a steady 55+ for the next week so the lights went off and everybody's outside either in greenhouse or under row cover. Got another cancer free reading on the ol prostate so it's a good day. Pilot and co-pilot sticks today then home and continue potting up petunia and marigold starts. Enjoy

Finally got some much needed rain yesterday and this morning. Now it wont stop for 5 months. Buddy and I are going to Tampa to pick up guitars that we dropped off at luthier a couple months ago. Playing guitar this afternoon. Need to make sure my chainsaws are running this morning for a couple jobs tomorrow. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. It's 53F on its way to 75F. Looks like it will be partly cloudy with some storms possible this afternoon. It's real foggy right now. I've got to run into town this morning for work. This afternoon, I plan to mow (WX permitting). Leftovers this evening. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. 45-63, rain predicted later. Planted a few more swap plants in the garden, helped the neighbor with his garden. He has a million morning glory babies starting to show, talked about that and his need to weed.
Coffee group, a few errands, then back to the splendor of the dirt and weeds.
Have a wonderful day. Hug a tree, enjoy the beauty of what you’ve planted.

Good morning. It's overcast and 59F, on its way to 66F. Another day of rain and drizzle. Another day of indoor futzing. Hope everybody has a wonderful Wednesday. Be safe out there and enjoy your day.

Good morning. 46-64F. Yesterday’s rain was a welcome sight, will hopefully till the CG tomorrow. I’m the last one to prep the garden in the CG, but hopefully that means fewer weeds. I’m hoping to plant a few more swap plants - anyone ever grown horehound? It will start out in a much bigger pot this season, not sure of it’s future (?).
Have a wonderful day. Stay healthy and hydrated. Enjoy Spring’s beautiful colors.

Good morning. It's foggy and 61F, on its way to 77F. Calling for partly sunny. Should be a pretty nice, warm day. Grass needs cutting, but it's probably too wet. Might pull out the chipper/shredder and see if it will start. Haven't used it in 4-5 years, so it might be ornery. I've got several branches and small trees to trim, and I'd like to mulch them and use it in the garden paths. Also might work on another mantis-type tiller. It has a bolt broken off, and I now have an extractor kit. We'll see how that goes, lol. Hope everybody has a terrific Thursday. Be safe out there and enjoy your day.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's 63F on its way to 72F. Thick cloud cover with rain. I need to mow but it doesn't look like the WX is going to cooperate. Starting tomorrow, the WX should be great! I've got one meeting this morning and then who knows? Probably futzing. More leftovers this evening. Maybe some beverages too. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's 59F on its way to 82F. Office work for an hour or so and then running up to KC to run a few errands. Mowing and trimming one big yard this afternoon. Got out a couple of ribeyes to grill this evening. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's cloudy and 60F, on its way to 71F. Mostly cloudy with showers and a thunderstorm this afternoon. Same forecast for this weekend. More rain for the garden. No playing in the dirt for a while. Dug out the chipper yesterday. Put gas in it, and two pulls later, it started. 😲 Couldn't believe it, but I'll take it. Thought it would be more stubborn than that. Not sure what's on the agenda today. Maybe do some work in the garage-turned-storage-unit. Always something to do. Hope everybody has a freaky good Friday. Be safe out there and don't step in any puddles.

Good morning. Yesterday’s 84F was quite warm working at the CG, but my space got tilled and will be raked smooth today. Not sure if anything will get planted. Funeral service this afternoon, relax tonight. WX has predicted low temps in the 40’s for next week, at least it’s not snow.
Have a great start of the weekend. Enjoy Morher Nature’s colors.

Good morning. It's 62F on its way to 88F. Partly cloudy and very warm. Mowed and trimmed yesterday. I noticed the green beans, sweet corn, zucchini and cucumbers are all starting to pop up. Yesterday, harvested some asparagus, leaf lettuce and radishes. Got a bunch of landscaping cleanup work to do. I'm planning on working on it (on/off) the rest of the weekend. Grilling some pork chops this evening. Beverages will be consumed. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. There's a steady, soaking rain going on out there. It's 61F, on its way to 65F. Supposed to quit raining this afternoon. Then, no rain for 5 days. Looks like we might get some plants in the ground Wed/Thur timeframe. The rain held off long enough yesterday to get the grass cut, so there's that, lol. Today looks like a futz day. Maybe watch a little golf this afternoon. Hope everybody has a super Saturday. Be safe out there and be careful in those warm/hot temps. I'm sure they'll get here soon enough.:P

Back